The Shure MV88+ is a professional quality condenser microphone that plugs directly into a mobile device using a Lightning® or USB-C connector. Two microphone capsules in a Mid-Side configuration provide an adjustable stereo image, suitable for capturing a variety of sources, including music and speech. The ShurePlus MOTIV™ app allows you to customize your sound with digital signal processing (DSP), preset mode selection, gain adjustment, compression, and stereo width control.
- Mid-Side Stereo – Supports the classic mid-side stereo recording technique. Uses coincident cardioid and bidirectional capsules to adjust the stereo width while providing excellent mono capability.
- Plug-and-Play Operation – Compatible with iOS, Android, PC and Mac devices.
- Compact and Durable – Lightweight, all-metal construction and small enough to carry anywhere. Like all Shure products, ensures reliability in the field.
- Flexible Recording Control with the ShurePlus MOTIV App
- The MOTIV recording app controls microphone settings, such as gain, stereo width, and preset modes, and includes the following features:
- Landscape or portrait record options
- Basic audio editing
- Markers for keeping track of audio
- Dark theme for low-light recording situations
- Support for all MOTIV microphones
- Five band equalizer
- Live streaming capability
- Dropbox™, AirPlay® and Bluetooth® support
- Factory and custom user presets
- Virtual mic options in demo mode
- Multiple bit depth and sample rate options
- MFi Certified – Yes
- DSP Modes (Presets) – Speech/Singing/Acoustic/Loud/Flat
- Transducer Type – Cardioid (1 cm)/Bidirectional Condenser Cartridge (1 cm)
- Polar Pattern Selections – Adjustable Width Stereo/Mono Bidirectional/Mono Cardioid/Mid-Side
- A/D Converter – Up to 24-bit/48 kHz
- Frequency Response – 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz
- Adjustable Gain Range – 0 to +36 dB
- Sensitivity at Minimum Gain, Flat Mode – -37 dBFS/Pa at 1 kHz 1 Pa=94 SPL
- Maximum SPL at Minimum Gain, Flat Mode – 120 dB SPL
- Limiter – Yes
- Compressor – Yes (adjustable)
- Equalizer – 5-band EQ
- Power Requirements – Powered through Lightning connector
- Housing – All-metal construction
- Net Weight – 40.5 g (1.43 oz.)
- Dimensions – 67 × 25 × 35 mm H × W × D