Based on the 96 kHz XCVI FPGA engine from the third mixer, Avantis inserts all the latest next-generation technology in a 64 channel or 42 configurable bus console. Avantis also comes equipped with dual Full HD touchscreens, extensive I/O options, a super-flexible workflow with Continuity UI, add-on processing from the flagship dLive mixing system, and a light yet full metal chassis.
With 25 billion operations running per second, the formidable power of XCVI allows Avantis to deliver 64 full processing inputs and 12 stereo FX returns, variable bit depth for ultimate precision and noise performance, 42 bus with configurable mix architecture, a virtually infinite mix headroom thanks to a 96bit accumulator, and class-leading latency at an ultra-low 0.7ms.
All units of Avantis get power from the XCVI Core. It was innovated by the Allen & Heath R&D team using next generation FPGA tech. This was also done with the help of parallel virtual processing cores creating enough power for 88×42 (including FX returns) channels of processing at 96kHz sampling rate.
Features and Specifications:
- 96kHz 64 channel / 42 bus digital mixer
- XCVI FPGA core with ultra-low latency (0.7ms)
- Fully configurable mix bus architecture
- Super-tough, full metal chassis which is lightweight.
- Continuity UI seamlessly connects physical and touchscreen controls for the fastest, most intuitive workflows
- 144 fader strips (24 faders, 6 layers) with optional dedicated master section
- SLink port for connection to Remote I/O Expanders and the ME Personal Mixing System
- dPack option adds dLive processing, including 16 Dyn8 engines, plus per-channel zero-latency DEEP Compressors and Dual-Stage Valve preamp
- 12 RackExtra FX slots with dedicated stereo returns
- 16 DCAs
- Dual 15.6” Full HD capacitive touchscreens with gesture control
- AMM (Automatic Mic Mixer) up to 64 channels across 1, 2 or 4 zones
- Fully assignable layout
- 12 analogue XLR Inputs / 12 analogue XLR Outputs
- 1 Stereo AES In / 2 Stereo AES Out
- 2 I/O Ports, both capable of 128×128 operation at 96kHz – for optional cards inc. Dante (64×64 and 128×128) , MADI and gigaACE expands the scope for system integration, FoH / monitor splits and multitrack recording.
- User configurable rotary controls
- 24 assignable SoftKeys
- Comprehensive metering with multi-point peak detection
- Internal storage for stereo playback and recording
- USB stereo playback
- BNC Word Clock
- V1.03, the maintenance release of the Avantis system firmware which includes several fixes and improvements.